Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This I found on an Internet site that I don't recall now. It said in the directions not to test if it's done with a toothpick, because the middle remains very gooey.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Stir in butter, bourbon, liqueur and milk.
- Spread in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir 1 cup water together with brown sugar, white sugar and cocoa.
- Pour this syrup over the batter in the pan. (This looks wierd, but it works).
- Bake 45 minutes, or until center of cake is firm to the touch, and sounds hollow when tapped----the dessert should remain very gooey under a baked crust, so don't wait until a toothpick tests clean.