Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted a Greek lentil salad so I created this one with roasted eggplant and artichoke hearts! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 small eggplants, cut into small cubes
- 295.73 ml dried lentils
- 414.03 ml water
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml marinated artichoke hearts, drained reserving 1/3 cup of their marinade (I like Cara Mia brand)
- 236.59 ml cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil then add lentils. Stir, then bring back up to a boil.
- Cover the lentils and turn down to a simmer then cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and liquid is all soaked up.
- Put lentils in a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put your cubes of eggplant onto 2 baking sheets and toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast the eggplant for 10 minutes then remove them to a bowl to cool.
- Chop the drained artichokes then add them along with the lentils and eggplant to a large salad bowl. Toss them together to mix. Add the reserved marinade, feta, and lemon juice and continue to toss.
- Finally, add the cucumber and toss one more time.
- Serve immediately warm or may chill for a cold salad.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley upon serving. (optional).