Recipe by Chef*Lee
I wanted a Greek lentil salad so I created this one with roasted eggplant and artichoke hearts! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 small eggplants, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried lentils
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained reserving 1/3 cup of their marinade (I like Cara Mia brand)
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil then add lentils. Stir, then bring back up to a boil.
- Cover the lentils and turn down to a simmer then cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and liquid is all soaked up.
- Put lentils in a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put your cubes of eggplant onto 2 baking sheets and toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast the eggplant for 10 minutes then remove them to a bowl to cool.
- Chop the drained artichokes then add them along with the lentils and eggplant to a large salad bowl. Toss them together to mix. Add the reserved marinade, feta, and lemon juice and continue to toss.
- Finally, add the cucumber and toss one more time.
- Serve immediately warm or may chill for a cold salad.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley upon serving. (optional).