1/2 Photos of Acropolis Salad
I wanted a Greek lentil salad so I created this one with roasted eggplant and artichoke hearts! Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small eggplants, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cups dried lentils
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained reserving 1/3 cup of their marinade (I like Cara Mia brand)
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Bring water to a boil then add lentils. Stir, then bring back up to a boil.
- 2Cover the lentils and turn down to a simmer then cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and liquid is all soaked up.
- 3Put lentils in a bowl to cool.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Put your cubes of eggplant onto 2 baking sheets and toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 6Roast the eggplant for 10 minutes then remove them to a bowl to cool.
- 7Chop the drained artichokes then add them along with the lentils and eggplant to a large salad bowl. Toss them together to mix. Add the reserved marinade, feta, and lemon juice and continue to toss.
- 8Finally, add the cucumber and toss one more time.
- 9Serve immediately warm or may chill for a cold salad.
- 10Garnish with chopped fresh parsley upon serving. (optional).
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acropolis Salad
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.9
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g