Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy yet elegant butter-pecan cookie shaped to resemble an acorn and dipped in melted chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped fine,divide into 3/4 c. portions
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, 3/4 cup chopped pecans and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well, using low speed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Slightly flatten by pressing balls onto ungreased cookie sheets; pinch tops to point to resemble acorns.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- In top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; keep double boiler over water.
- Dip large ends of cooled cookies into melted chocolate, then roll in chopped pecans.
- Cool to set chocolate.
My mom made us these. Delicious.not too sweet.I love to eat frozen