Recipe by mary winecoff
Whole and chopped Brazil Nuts can now be found in my area thanks to Trader Joe's and EarthFare. This is great recipe for a brazil nut filling. From an old Southern Living.
Top Review by Chef PotPie
This topping almost made the squash a dessert! I used brown sugar, (force of habit!), and otherwise followed the recipe. It was fabulous. I will make this often. ZWT 7 - Shady Ladies
- 3 acorn squash
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 177.44 ml brazil nut, chopped
- 14.79 ml orange rind, grated
- 44.37 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; then scrape out seeds and stringy portions.
- Put dry ingredients, nuts and grated rind in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place squash halves in baking pan and fill with crumbly mixture.
- Set the bottom of the baking pan in hot water, cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.