Whole and chopped Brazil Nuts can now be found in my area thanks to Trader Joe's and EarthFare. This is great recipe for a brazil nut filling. From an old Southern Living.
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; then scrape out seeds and stringy portions.
- Put dry ingredients, nuts and grated rind in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place squash halves in baking pan and fill with crumbly mixture.
- Set the bottom of the baking pan in hot water, cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.