1/3 Photos of Acorn Squash With Spiced Brazil Nut Filling
1 hr 10 mins
mary winecoff's Note:
Whole and chopped Brazil Nuts can now be found in my area thanks to Trader Joe's and EarthFare. This is great recipe for a brazil nut filling. From an old Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; then scrape out seeds and stringy portions.
- 2Put dry ingredients, nuts and grated rind in mixing bowl.
- 3Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Place squash halves in baking pan and fill with crumbly mixture.
- 5Set the bottom of the baking pan in hot water, cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- 6Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash With Spiced Brazil Nut Filling
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g