Recipe by Chandra M
An easy to prepare winter treat. I prefer to use grade B maple syrup as the flavor is stronger than grade A. Great with pork or curried main dishes. From Whole Foods.
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 cups tart apples, chopped (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half, top to bottom; remove pulp with a spoon.
- Place cut side down in lined shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. (or microwave until fork tender).
- Combine apple, butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon; fill squash with mixture.
- Continue baking cut side up 25 minutes or until acorn squash is tender.