1/1 Photo of Acorn Squash With Cracker Stuffing
1 hr 20 mins
Dad used to make this for us at Thanksgiving. The penultimate holiday treat - I could eat this all the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Remove the seeds from the centre of the squash halves.
- 3Brush the interior with some of the melted butter and sprinkle very lightly with salt.
- 4Put the cracker crumbs, almonds, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar and add enough melted butter to bind.
- 5Stuff squash cavities with this mixture, mounding slightly.
- 6Place in a large baking pan and pour in enough hot water to come about 1" up sides of squash.
- 7Bake for about 75 minutes (may need a little longer, depending on the size of your squash). Squash should be tender when pierced.
- 8Place 1 half per person.
- 9Eat with a spoon to scoop out yummy flesh and stuffing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash With Cracker Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.3
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 713.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g