Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Incredibly simple and delightfully good!
- 2 acorn squash
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml maple-flavor syrup
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Cut squash halves crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and pecans. Cook just until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Remove squash from oven. Spoon pecan mixture over squash. Return to oven; bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender, spooning pecan mixture occasionally over squash.
Wonderful flavor -- absolutely loved this squash dish and wish I had made it for Thanksgiving. But, there's always Christmas, next Thanksgiving and everyday of the year in between. : ) So simple to make and so delicious. Made for What's on the Menu tag game.
I mean really, what's NOT to love about this awesome recipe. Easy and delicious! We had it aside some salmon and I have to say that the butter pecan sauce was FABULOUS atop the salmon too. WOW what a tasty dinner we had this evening. Thanks for sharing this keeper!
I couldn't believe something so simple could taste so good! I used splenda brown sugar and sugar free syrup for a tad bit healthier version.