- 2 acorn squash
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml maple-flavor syrup
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Cut squash halves crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and pecans. Cook just until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Remove squash from oven. Spoon pecan mixture over squash. Return to oven; bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender, spooning pecan mixture occasionally over squash.