Recipe by Lorac
A wonderful, healthy main dish with a great combination of flavors.
Top Review by ABAcalvarywife
This recipe was fairly easy with common ingredients. I was a little disappointed in the finished product, as it was not as flavorful as I was hoping. Still, a good way to get DH to eat his fruits and veggies!
- 2 medium acorn squash, about 1 1/2 lb each
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 mcintosh apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stalk stub if necessary, slice just enough off the bottom to make a level surface.
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Prick inside surface all over with a fork.
- Combine remaining ingredients and fill the squash halves, mounding if necessary.
- Place in a baking dish, add 1/2 inch of water and cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes, remove foil and bake 15 minutes.