Recipe by Lainey6605
I'm not a big fan of acorn squash, but I really like this recipe from my mother-in-law.
Top Review by Boomette
I can say that the filling is very good even though there is no cheese in it. I used fat-free sour cream. It's great mixed with the sausages (I used spicy), mushrooms and onion. The only thing I didn't like is the acorn squash. It was my first time tasting it and I won't buy it. I think it's too sweet for my taste. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Photo tag. I would do the filling to use with spaghetti squash. It would be delish :D
- 2 medium acorn squash (baked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes)
- 1 lb sausage (make it spicy or sweet)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage, onion and mushrooms in butter in skillet.
- When squash is done baking and cooled slightly, cut in half and scoop out seeds.
- Add sour cream to sausage mixture.
- Stuff squash with sausage mixture.
- Place in baking dish. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.