Recipe by dicentra
Top Review by JanuaryBride
So as written, this is 4 stars. . .quite bland. I ended up doubling the fruit and I would suggest adding more sweetener as well. I also recommend using pumpkin pie spice and using a full tsp instead of the recommended 1/4 tsp of cardamom. I microwaved the squash, 2 halves at a time, in the microwave for 7 minutes which was perfect. Wanted to love this, but the apple flavors just didn't shine through (surprisingly enough).
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup prune, pitted & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apple
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 acorn squash, halved & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted & chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place couscous in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Bring apple juice to a boil in a small saucepan & pour over the
- couscous. Cover & set aside until the juice is absorbed. This will
- take 15 minutes.
- Stir in the fruit, apple juice concentrate, cardamom and maple syrup.
- Set aside.
- Steam squash halves until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain & place on a
- baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fill squash halves with the
- couscous mixture & bake for 20 minutes. Top with pecans & serve.