Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced acorn squash
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (for coating)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine.
- Add the squash, green bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and mix together.
- Slice chicken breasts on the side about 3/4 of the way through.
- Stuff mixture evenly into each slit chicken breast until full.
- Dredge each breast in flour to coat completely, and brown coated chicken in skillet.
- Place browned chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.