Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great winter soup from Everyday Food.
Make and share this Acorn Squash Soup With Kale recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion to the fat left in the pan and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the kale to the onions in the pan and cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the squash puree to the pan, along with 3 cups of water (more or less water to get the consistency that you want), and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat as soon as soup comes to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with drained bacon.