Great winter soup from Everyday Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3Add the onion to the fat left in the pan and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add the kale to the onions in the pan and cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Add the squash puree to the pan, along with 3 cups of water (more or less water to get the consistency that you want), and bring to a boil.
- 6Remove from the heat as soon as soup comes to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Garnish with drained bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash Soup With Kale
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 617.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g