Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
What a great fall soup! I'm not a fan of squash, but something about it being in soup makes it less "icky". This is super easy soup! Try adding a little nutmeg before simmering to enhance flavors.
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half and roasted in oven
- 6 cups chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add squash, cumin and cardamom.
- You can use your immersion blender to make it smooth or leave it more rustic at this point.
- Add stock, stir to combine and simmer for one hour.
Great, comforting soup! I roasted my cut acorn squash, cut side down, in a 350 degree oven for about 45 min. - let cool - then scooped it out for use in this recipe. I've made a note to halve the amt. of cumin next time because it was a bit too much for my tastes. I did use and love the suggestion of adding nutmeg...yum! I'll definitely be making this soup again. Thank you!