I finally found a squash recipe that DH likes and enjoyed. This is so simple, revised to suit our taste, from Chef Micheal Smith, my favourite TV chef.
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Cut squash in half, crossways, scrape out the seeds. Spray baking dish with veggie spray. Place skin side down, cut side up in baking dish.
- Put 1 teaspoon of butter in each half of squash, sprinkle each half with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Fill each squash half with 1/2 cup applesauce, top with remaining butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Pour water around squash.
- Roast on middle rack of oven for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown and caramalized.