1/9 Photos of Acorn Squash Roasted With Applesauce
1 hr 10 mins
I finally found a squash recipe that DH likes and enjoyed. This is so simple, revised to suit our taste, from Chef Micheal Smith, my favourite TV chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- 2Cut squash in half, crossways, scrape out the seeds. Spray baking dish with veggie spray. Place skin side down, cut side up in baking dish.
- 3Put 1 teaspoon of butter in each half of squash, sprinkle each half with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 4Fill each squash half with 1/2 cup applesauce, top with remaining butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- 5Pour water around squash.
- 6Roast on middle rack of oven for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown and caramalized.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash Roasted With Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 401.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g