Recipe by watts
These are one of my favourite standbys. They're so easy and tasty and filling. I like to use a lot of cumin, but you can use as much or as little as you like.
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 acorn squash
- 3 teaspoons butter
- cumin (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- cut squash in half (lengthwise) and scoop out seeds and strings.
- wash potatoes and poke some holes in the skins with a fork.
- put squash and potatoes in oven to bake.
- the potatoes will need an hour, the squash approximately 35-45 minutes (when you can easily poke a fork through the middle it's done) once baked, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- scoop the insides out of the baked squash and potatoes into a large bowl (be careful not to break the potato skins) mash them together with the cumin, salt, and butter.
- scoop the mixture back into the potato skins and sprinkle with paprika.
- place on baking sheet and bake until the tops start to brown.