Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
You can substitute Orange-Ginger Marmalade for the marmalade & candied ginger. Very nice tang to this recipe
- 3 small acorn squash, cut in half &,seeded
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Brush the cleaned squash with the butter.
- Place squash cut side down on a greased pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350F Mix remaining ingredients and spoon into the baked squash cavities.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.
This is the perfect recipe for Acorn Squash! I do love acorn squash, but for anyone who did not and were to have a taste of this recipe, it would surely win them over quickly! This is very easy to prepare and the results are heavenly ~ almost dessert-like. If you've never tried acorn squash believe me, this is the recipe to try. You will love it for sure! Thank you so much, Bergy for this double 5 star winner!