Recipe by LAURIE
If you like acorn squash this is a tasty recipe and one that smells great on the campfire. I like it cause you can leave it and forget about it for 30 minutes at a time.
Top Review by buckylarue
I was looking for something to make with the first ribs of the season on the grill and found this recipe. I used a little molasses instead of honey and allspice instead of nutmeg, and it was delicious! Very simple and a great alternative to the usual corn on the cob with grilling!
- 3 acorn squash, halved crosswise and seeded
- 44.37 ml honey
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each piece of squash cut side down in a separate sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Wrap tightly and seal.
- Place on coals or on top of grill, med heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Open foil carefully, turn over and spoon mixture of remaining ingredients into the cavities of the squash.
- Reseal foil and cook for additional 30-40 minutes or until tender when fork tested.