Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
If you like acorn squash this is a tasty recipe and one that smells great on the campfire. I like it cause you can leave it and forget about it for 30 minutes at a time.
- 3 acorn squash, halved crosswise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place each piece of squash cut side down in a separate sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Wrap tightly and seal.
- Place on coals or on top of grill, med heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Open foil carefully, turn over and spoon mixture of remaining ingredients into the cavities of the squash.
- Reseal foil and cook for additional 30-40 minutes or until tender when fork tested.
I was looking for something to make with the first ribs of the season on the grill and found this recipe. I used a little molasses instead of honey and allspice instead of nutmeg, and it was delicious! Very simple and a great alternative to the usual corn on the cob with grilling!
I made this for my family who is very picky. They all loved it.
Very good I used lavender honey yummy comfort food.I precooked the acorn in the microwave till half done then mixed the rest of the ingredients (adding cinnamon)filled the acorn and finished it on the grill.