Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am giving you a choice of three toppings they are all good.There are two different toppings in the picture Bacon Maple syrup and Browned Butter Sage. I just finished enjoying a butternut squash with GINGER marmalade &Chili flakes. 3 Tbsp Ginger marmalade, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, mix together and spoon into squash cavity - I really liked this one
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half lenthwise and seeded
Browned Butter Honey and Sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
Maple Bacon Topping
- 2 slices bacon, crisp fried, drained and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
Marmalade and Jalapeno
- 1 jalapeno, cleaned, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to350°F.
- Place prepared squash cut side down on a baking sheet, bake for 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- Turn over and sprinkle with one of these toppings.
- -BROWNED BUTTER:.
- Melt the butter on med-low heat, swirling it until browned- do not let it burn.
- Add honey& sage, mix.
- Drizzle over the cooked squash& serve.
- MAPLE BACON TOPPING:.
- Paint the inside of the squash with the maple syrup, sprinkle in the crumbled bacon& serve.
- MARMALADE& JALAPENO;.
- Combine the Jalapeno& marmalade in a small saucepan, heat until the marmalade has melted.
- Pour into the squash cavity& serve.
I prepared this using butternut squash. I did the browned butter, honey and sage variation with great results. It was so good with our dinner. This will be enjoyed by us many times. Thanks!
WOW! I have been looking for a great recipe for acorn squash but had not previously found one that was as delicious as recipes for other types of squash. This one, however, knocked our socks off! I used the browned honey butter and sage option and everyone was amazed at how savory and delicious this was. It really brought out the flavors of the squash. Our family knows all about Zaar now from the great recipes I find here and they all said unanimously to "Give it 5 stars!" :) Thanks for the great recipes!
My five-and-three-quarters year old said she "likes it better than chocolate!" Enough said. (Thank you.)