Recipe by venus2
A great slow cooker idea. This is a pretty squash dish even the kids will like. It goes well with roasted pork or pork chops.
Top Review by sugarpea
This was absolutely gorgeous, sweet and tasty! I used peach jam rather than orange marmalade and made the cranberry sauce from scratch since I have lots of frozen cranberries. It couldn't have been easier to make and the wedges of squash dressed with cranberries and sauce are so beautiful on the plate. Great recipe venus2!
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each squash in half length wise; remove seeds.
- Cut squash into 1 inch thick wedges.
- Arrange squash in slow cooker.
- Heat cranberry sauce, marmalade, cinnamon and raisins; stir until smooth.
- Pour sauce over squash in cooker.
- Cover& cook on low heat setting for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-31/2 hours.