1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is one of my favorite soups. It can easily be vegan-ized by substituting the cream with plain soy milk. The original recipe is from the book "1000 Vegetarian Recipes from Around the World"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F / 190C.
- 2Cut the sweet potato, squash and shallot in half lengthwise. Brush the cut sides with oil.
- 3Put the vegetables, cut sides down in a shallow roasting pan with the garlic cloves.
- 4Roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until tender and light brown.
- 5When cool, scoop the flesh from the potatoe and squash halves and put in a pan with the shallots. Remove the garlic peel and add the soft insides to the other vegetables.
- 6Add the broth and a pinch of salt.
- 7Bring to just a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender (about 30 minutes.).
- 8Let the soup cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth (working in batches if necessary).
- 9Return the soup to the pan and stir in the cream.
- 10Season to taste and simmer for 5-10 minutes until completely heated through.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash and Sweet Potato Soup (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: