Recipe by veganfeline
This is one of my favorite soups. It can easily be vegan-ized by substituting the cream with plain soy milk. The original recipe is from the book "1000 Vegetarian Recipes from Around the World"
- 350 g sweet potatoes
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C.
- Cut the sweet potato, squash and shallot in half lengthwise. Brush the cut sides with oil.
- Put the vegetables, cut sides down in a shallow roasting pan with the garlic cloves.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until tender and light brown.
- When cool, scoop the flesh from the potatoe and squash halves and put in a pan with the shallots. Remove the garlic peel and add the soft insides to the other vegetables.
- Add the broth and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to just a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender (about 30 minutes.).
- Let the soup cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth (working in batches if necessary).
- Return the soup to the pan and stir in the cream.
- Season to taste and simmer for 5-10 minutes until completely heated through.