- 6 cups cubed peeled acorn squash (about 2 medium squash)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups about 5 ounces coarsely chopped trimmed kale
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 cups hot cooked penne
- 2⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash in a casserole dish with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 7 minutes on HIGH or until tender.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add kale and broth; cover.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook 1 minute. Stir in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in squash and pasta, tossing gently. Sprinkle with cheese.