I got this recipe from about.com and it was written by Fiona Haynes. I'm adding this because this is a great recipe and tastes great, wonderful on a cool autumn night. "Acorn Squash has a slightly earthier taste than butternut squash, which complements the sweetness of the apple and mild spice of the curry powder. Enjoy this acorn squash and apple soup with some crusty whole-grain bread." -Fiona Haynes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce acorn squash with a fork, and place on a paper towel in the microwave for 8-10 minutes. Pierce with tip of knife to see if it’s tender. Carefully remove from microwave.
- 2Allow to cool, then halve the acorn squash lengthwise.
- 3Scoop out seeds and fibers.
- 4Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pot or Dutch oven. Sauté onions and apples for 5 minutes, until softened. Sprinkle curry powder and stir well.
- 5Scoop the flesh of the acorn squash from the skin and add to pot. Discard skin.
- 6Pour in chicken or vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Using a hand blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. Serves 4
- 8Per Serving: Calories 145, Calories from Fat 2.8g (sat 0.2g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 37mg, Fiber 4.3g, Protein 2.6g.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash and Granny Smith Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g