Recipe by smileybone19732000
i found this on a cooking channel and she made it look so easy that I had to try it not being a pizza sauce fan this was perfect for me and will be using it on thanksgiving. You can use Boboli pizza crust instead of raw but cook crust for about 8min first then add ingredients. Use a very sharp knife on the squash as it can be tough to cut.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I wasn't sure about the combination of ingredients but the pizza was delicious. I used pizza dough for thin crust pizza Recipe #70165, butternut squash and spinach. DH didn't think he was going to like it but said it was delicious.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash into slices; make acorn mix toss with acorn squash.
- Put flat onto baking sheet cook on 375°F for 25 minute.
- Take out cool.
- Take non cooked dough roll out place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Pull out and top with both cheeses and stick back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out top with peeled squash and Arugula. Drizzle oil and finish with dash of cracked pepper.
- Cut into about 8 slices and enjoy.