1/1 Photo of Acorn Squash and Apple Soup
A lovely fall soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place squash cut side down on rack set over gently simmering water in saucepan.
- 2Cover and steam until tender.
- 3Cool squash slightly and scoop pulp from shells.
- 4Combine 1/4 cup chicken stock, apples and onion in heavy medium saucepan.
- 5Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- 6Add squash pulp, remaining chicken stock, apple juice, ginger and salt.
- 7Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- 8Puree soup in batches in processor or blender.
- 9Strain through sieve into clean saucepan, pressing puree with back of spoon.
- 10Reheat soup gently. A.
- 11dd lemon juice.
- 12Season with salt and generous amount of pepper.
- 13Ladle into bowls and garnish with yogurt and chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash and Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 558.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g