Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My son's a relatively picky veggie eater so I'm resorting to subterfuge here. He loves sweet potatoes and I've managed to convinced him this is them, just mashed. He loves it! Now besides fried onions and raw carrots I've at least got him to eat some squash!
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped small
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- Place the acorn squash in a casserole dish cut side up.
- Place 1 cut-up apple in each of the cavities.
- Sprinle each quarter with brown sugar and honey.
- Dot butter onto each acorn squash.
- cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees until squash is tender.
- Scoop everything out of the acorn squash and mash until smooth and serve.
- This also freezes well.
this made a very pretty and very tasty presentation for big "kids" when left in the squash shell and sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon .