Top Review by realbirdlady
This one didn't work out for me. The batter was very thin, so I ended up with basically crepes encrusted with acorns. I think the difficulty is probably because "acorn meal" is not a standard ingredient. I think it is very possible that I was using a coarses grind than the recipe's originator.
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 cup acorn meal
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredient.
- Separately mix liquid ingredients.
- Pour just enough liquid into the flour mix to make a good batter. - DO NOT OVER-MIX!
- Spoon the batter into a greased frying pan.
- Fry till golden, flipping once.
- Top your pancakes with your favorite syrup and serve hot!