Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Acorn, Butternut Squash and Parsnips Gratin
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups acorn squash, cubed and peeled (1 pound)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed and peeled (1/2 pound)
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- oregano sprig (optional)
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, oregano, thyme and pepper in a large bowl; stir well.
- Add acorn squash, butternut squash, parsnips, and olive oil, tossing to coat.
- Spoon squash mixture into a 2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes.
- Garnish with oregano, if desired.
- NOTES : Use any combination of winter squash to equal 6 cups, if desired.
Overall great taste but I thought it needed more breadcrumbs to make it less sweet. But good recipe will try again and make it my own! Thanks for sharing!