Recipe by kiwidutch
I picked up a second hand book called Portuguese Cookery by Ursula Bourne, and want to post recipes that I have adapted so that I can make them soonest. I am unclear if this soup is meant to be hot or cold since no reference to heating it is made in the recipe, so will update this one once I have made it. If you make this before I do, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 pint boiling water (2 cups)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 eggs (poached)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the garlic and mix with the salt in a soup pan.
- Add the olive oil and chopped coriander (cilantro) then add the water and stir well.
- Heat a separate pan of water and gently drop in your eggs to poach them.
- Serve the garlic soup into individual dishes, place a slice of bread on top of each and then gently top with one poached egg per plate.