Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These make a lovely breakfast treat or a great snack at any time of day! You can alter them by filling them with cream cheese and raisins, or (my favourite) chocolate! MmmM! Adapted from a recipe from Binnurs Turkish Cookbook. Preparation time does not the 2 hours for proofing.
- 7 g instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the glaze
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- sesame seeds
- Mix the yeast with warm water in a large bowl. Stir well so the yeast dissolves, then add the sugar, milk and sunflower oil. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add flour and salt slowly and knead. Place the dough in a large bowl, cover it with plastic wrap over the rim and let it rest for about 2 hours until the dough rises to double its size.
- Take a small sized ball from the dough and make it longer by rolling between your palms. Then close up the ends to make a ring shape. Brush egg whites and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Place parchment paper on an oven tray and arrange the Acma on it. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the heat to down 375 F then bake 15 more minutes until the tops take a golden colour.
this is the exact recipe from Binnur's Turkish Cookbook...the best site for turkish recipes!