Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
This fruit salad has a great taste. Another one of my grandmother's holiday treats.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 1 cup acini macaroni (cooked)
- 12 ounces whipped cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- Drain fruit keeping juice from crushed pineapple.
- Combine pineapple juice with sugar and flour.
- Beat eggs and add to juice mixture. Cook on stove at medium heat until it thickens like a pudding.
- Combine fruit and acini macaroni in bowl.
- Add cooled juice mixture and make an even layer of it on top of fruit and macaroni mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving put the whipped cream on top of salad.