Recipe by chia
adapted from fine cooking light, this is a colorful summery side dish.
Top Review by Jezski
Excellent, tasty. Makes a HUGE amount. Used as a side, it served 3 people 3 meals, but it reheats very well in the microwave. It's great with fish. More cheese is definitely better. Chia, thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups acini di pepe pasta
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup diced red and yellow pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a pot of water to a boil, add acini di pepe and some salt, cook according to package directions until al dente, drain.
- mix with 1 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- heat remaining oil in a skillet.
- add carrots and onion, cook for 8 minutes.
- add garlic, zucchini and peppers, season with salt and pepper to taste, saute 5 minutes.
- add wine and scrape up any brown bits.
- add the pasta to the pan and stir, combining everything.
- remove pan from heat, stir in parsley, oregano, romano cheese. season with salt and pepper, serve.