Recipe by BothFex
A recipe from my Aunt Patty. There are recipes like this on 'Zaar, but this is a bit different in it's preparation and ingredients. An ambrosia type salad, this is good for a winter dessert or a summer barbeque. Cooking time includes refrigeration.
- 1 lb acini di pepe pasta (look in the latin section of your grocery)
- 1 3⁄4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 -4 cups chopped fruit (grapes, Mandarin oranges, pears, and peaches are good)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per box directions. Drain and rinse when done then set aside to cool.
- Heat pineapple juice, sugar, salt, flour, and eggs over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.
- When both pasta and pineapple juice mixture are cool, combine them then refrigerate in an airtight container overnight.
- Next day: stir in fruit and nuts (if desired). Fold in Cool-Whip. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes enough for a big crowd!