Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Exotic tropical fruit dish. Easy to make, A gang pleaser and a enjoyable dessert. When cooking pasta, do not over cook it or undercook it. Drain the pasta in cold water after done cooking. Make sure you save the juices for after you mix it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups tiny pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 12 ounces mandarin oranges
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Cook the Acine De Pepe pasta--DO not cooked thoroughly.
- Drain the pineapples and oranges. SAVE JUICES. Mix the juices with sugar, flour and eggs.
- In a bowl stir in with all the ingredients. Let sit over night in the refrigerator, then add the fruit and the Cool Whip. Let it chill for 2 hours, then serv it and enjoy it. - SINC.
- Grammy Maria.
This is a very delicious dessert that was an explosion of flavors.It is a wonderous and delicious dessert for any special accation. I recomend this recipe to any one who loves to cook.I rated this with 5 stars.
I have made this salad many times and it is always enjoyed by all. However, this recipe leaves out one VERY IMPORTANT step...you mix the juices, sugar, flour and eggs together and boil them until thickened stirring constantly to avoid scrambling the eggs. Let this mixture cool separately from the pasta and fruit. When cooled, mix the pasta, fruit and thickened (and cooked) sauce together. Add the cool whip to desired consistency. I top mine with marachino cherries. The recipe as it is posted here would have people eating RAW eggs.