Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
A light and very flavorful salad. Courtesy of The Cookworks.
- 1 1⁄2 cups acini di pepe pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups any small pasta such as orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup finely sliced radicchio
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for about 6 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Toss the pasta with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt. Fold in the tomatoes, pine nuts, radicchio, onion, and basil.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Serve at room temperature.
Delicious and a quick to prepare for surprise drop in friend. First time I made, had some leftovers, and added in fresh-cut corn kernels for supper next night. Then only v.small portion left-so.....Added cut in cooked chicken pieces.LOL
Can you tell U like this dish?
I've had this recipe saved for quite awhile and chose it for my first time use of ancini di pepe. It was very easy to put together and tasted just as fresh a few days later (without needing more dressing). I halved the dressing amount and it was enough. We were not used to the round shape of the pasta but after a few days of eating, no one batted an eye. We are not fans of cous cous and we had to mentally get over that they are not the same grain. Thanks Ingy, for posting. Roxygirl
Very fresh and tasty. At first I thought that the dressing seemed too plain but it is just right for this salad. It gives it all a bit of "zing". Have made it twice already and the only change I made was to half the oil and vinegar using 1/4cup of each and then also using 1tsp salt. Very pleased to have found this and that I chose it for PAC Spring '07. Thanks a lot for posting.