Recipe by stacylu
A family favorite and a fond memory from my childhood.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is one of several dishes I took to a neighborhood get-together, & it was definitely a big hit! We love pasta salads & fruit salads, so a combo of the two was an intriguing & enjoyable adventure for me! Absolutely loved putting this one together, & will certainly be doing it again & again! A keeper, for sure! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lb acini di pepe pasta
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges (drained)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks (drain and reserve)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drain and reserve)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar flour and salt in a saucepan.
- Gradually stir in 1 3/4 cup of pineapple juice and eggs and cook until thick.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- In a separate pan boil 3 quarts of water, 1 teaspoon of oil and the dry pasta. Cook until soft.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine with egg mixture and refrigerate overnight in an air tight container.
- Mix lightly and add the mandarin oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut.
- Serve immediately.