Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Being raised on the beautiful Arabic cuisine of my late father, this dish doesn't exactly blow my mind. BUT I made it for my mother and I when she was suffering from acid reflux, she didn't have too much trouble with it and I thought it pretty good considering the limitations. The smart bit (see end note) is that you can adjust the servings to what different people can eat.
- 2 cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 sheets kitchen aluminum foil
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- Preheat oven.
- Lay the cod fillets on the foil sheets.
- Season lightly, and sprinkle on the herbs.
- Bend up the sides of the foil to make 'nests' but don't close yet.
- Pour half the milk into each nest.
- Seal the foil packages.
- Bake for 20mins or according to instructions on fish.
- Serve with potatoes mashed with milk and a little low-fat spread, plus whatever vegetable the sufferer can tolerate. NB - if only one person in your family has acid reflux, you can put whatever flavouring you like in the other packages, such as ginger, garlic or curry powder.