Recipe by chef FIFI
This is used to give dishes a nice orange color. Used in many dishes especially Spanish rice dishes. This recipe is a very traditional recipe that is included in many Spanish cuisines from Puerto Rico to Mexican etc. Very easy to make with a few steps.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the annato seeds and oil in a small saucepan or medium/ large frying pan.
- Keeping a watchful eye let cook on medium low until a deep orange color is achieved.
- To avoid a bitter taste, do not let overcook.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Throw out the seeds and only use the oil.
- Place in a clean container.
- Keep refrigerated and use as needed.