Recipe by susie cooks
Achiote paste can be found in the spice section, or meat section, in Mexican markets. I also saw a recipe on Zaar foor it. This is a great marinade for skirt steak, but is also good with pork and chicken.
Top Review by Feej
I used this to marinade some chicken breasts tonight, which I later grilled. Very nice. I used recipe #102398. for the achiote paste. Annatto seeds are new to me, so we are trying some of the different recipes here to see what we think of them . So far, looks like we like them! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Sorry I didn't take a picture - I don't know where my head was. Hopefully others will catch on to this very nice spice.
- 3⁄4 cup achiote paste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded, deveined and minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seed, ground in a spice grinder
- 1 teaspoon dry Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper