Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great recipe for your Nu-Wave Oven
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice (12 limes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons achiote paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- 1 (20 ounce) jar guava shells in syrup
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped fresh
- Blend 1 cup lime juice, garlic, achiote paste, oregano, and cumin in processor until smooth.
- Season marinade to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place marinade in medium bowl.
- Add chicken; stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken overnight.
- Place chilies on small baking sheet (on a 4" rack).
- Roast until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stem and seed chilies.
- Transfer chilies to processor.
- Add pureed guava, reserved guava syrup, cilantro, and remaining 1/2 cup lime juice.
- Process until smooth.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to medium bowl. (Sauce can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before using.).
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Divide chicken among 8 eight-inch wooden skewers.
- Grill until chicken is cooked, turning once, about 6 minutes side.
- Serve, passing guava sauce separately.