Recipe by Jewelies
From Davinder Bedi – Bedi’s Restaurant in Melbourne
Top Review by Elmotoo
YUMYUMYUM! I botched this but it was still delicious! I used boneless thighs & didn't cube them. I don't have mango powder so I used lemon zest hoping the effect would be similar. Well after dinner I realized I forgot the yogurt - and I had made sure I had some on hand . Don't have mustard oil. I used fenugreek powder instead of seeds. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!! We LOVED it - even THE PICKY ONE. ;)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 -4 green chilies, split
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 pinch flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok (or large non-stick pan) and gently saute onion until tender.
- Turn down the heat, add garlic and ginger and briefly saute, continually stirring.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, ground cumin, coriander and pepper. Cook to toast.
- Then toss in tomato and briefly cook. Add chicken and cook.
- When chicken is almost ready, stir in yoghurt and briefly cook.
- Then add green chillies, mango powder, salt, mustard oil and fenugreek.
- Serve with steamed rice and your favourite Indian bread on the side.