Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
serve with roti or naan
- 250 g cottage cheese (cut into cubes but not thin)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion seeds (kalounji)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rasted cumin powder (zeera)
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel (saunf)
- 1 teaspoon red chile (powder)
- 3 green chilies
- 2 tomatoes, cut length wise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kasuri methi
- Heat oil and rotate it in pan.
- Add mustard seeds and onion seeds on slow heat.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric and kasoori methi. Mix well. Add a tsp of water to prevent it from burning or sticking in the pan.
- Add panner; cook for a minute. Add green chillies and again cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, mango powder and salt. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Add tomato strips, roasted cumin, and fennel, mix well until sides of pan leave oil (about a minute or --don't overcook or paneer will turn hard).