Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
These are a South Indian delight by Diana P. Cherian from the Thursday magazine! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 kg fine raw rice flour
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Then extract milk from the coconut.
- Add the milk to the flour.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until stiff.
- Add the beaten eggs to the batter with the sugar, sesame seeds, essence and salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Put the achappam mould in the very hot oil.
- Dip three-fourth of the mould into the batter.
- Then, put it in the hot oil.
- The achappam will fall into the oil from the mould.
- Flip carefully to fry on the other side.
- Once fried, remove from heat and drain the excess oil on clean paper towels.
- Store in bottles and enjoy these for your evening tea time snack!