Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great spicy pork dish, can be done with bone in or out chops
- olive oil
- 2 boneless pork chops (2-inchinches think, this is important so they dont dry out)
- 2.46 ml salt, extra to season the chops
- 2.46 ml pepper, extra to season the chops
- 1 fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
- 2 cherry peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 118.29 ml parsley
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 28.39 ml chicken stock
- 510.29 g can diced tomatoes
- 59.14 ml lemon juice (also use the zest)
- 14.79 ml capers
- Use the extra salt and pepper to season the chops on both sides. Over very high heat sear the chops in pan on both side (appx 3-4 mins) or until they are brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan (cover with foil) and lower hear to med high.
- Add fennel, hot and bell peppers, shallot, 1/4 cup parsley and cook till lightly brown (appx 3 mins).
- Add wine and chicken stock to deglaze the pan, scraping up brown bits from bottom (that's where all the flavor is).
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Place pork back into the pan nesting in fennel and tomato mixture.
- Cook fr 12 to 15 mins or until pork is done.
- Place pork on dish and add lemon juice and zest, parsley, capers and salt and pepper.
- Mix and pour over chops.