Adam from CT's Note:
A great spicy pork dish, can be done with bone in or out chops
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 2 boneless pork chops (2-inchinches think, this is important so they dont dry out)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, extra to season the chops
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, extra to season the chops
- 1 fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
- 2 cherry peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup chicken stock
- 1 (18 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (also use the zest)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1Use the extra salt and pepper to season the chops on both sides. Over very high heat sear the chops in pan on both side (appx 3-4 mins) or until they are brown on both sides.
- 2Remove from pan (cover with foil) and lower hear to med high.
- 3Add fennel, hot and bell peppers, shallot, 1/4 cup parsley and cook till lightly brown (appx 3 mins).
- 4Add wine and chicken stock to deglaze the pan, scraping up brown bits from bottom (that's where all the flavor is).
- 5Add tomatoes and stir.
- 6Place pork back into the pan nesting in fennel and tomato mixture.
- 7Cook fr 12 to 15 mins or until pork is done.
- 8Place pork on dish and add lemon juice and zest, parsley, capers and salt and pepper.
- 9Mix and pour over chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ace's Pork Chops W/ Cherry Peppers & Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.4 mg
- Sodium 909.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 46.0 g