Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make meal that is a favorite for kids.
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread or 1 lb French bread
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces very thinly sliced cooked chicken or 5 ounces cooked turkey
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) packagevery thinly sliced ham
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, slices split in half
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut bread into 16 slices, cutting to, but not through the bottom crust.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, Italian dressing and Parmesan.
- Tuck chicken or turkey, ham and cheese slices between every other bread slice.
- Place a well rounded teaspoon of mayonnaise mixture in the slits with the meat, spreading slightly.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake loaf in the 375°F oven about 15 minutes or until hot.
- For easier preparation, try putting the mayonnaise mixture on before the meat and cheese.
Pretty darn good. I like the mayo mixture especially. Thanks for sharing!