Recipe by *Alia*
Yummy and easy potatoes. Can also be done on a grill.
Top Review by I'mPat
Overall in the end they turned out great. I did peel my potatoes (my lot would not enjoy them with it on - a curse I think) but followed recipe through but came to a bit of problem what to do with the butter - in the end I melted in the microwave with the oil (scaled back as I only used 4 potatoes) and though I had put the fresh herbs in I drizzled some of the melted mix between slices and the rest over the potatoes but then we struck a little disaster in that the roast beef was taking longer to cook than expeccted so I had to turn the temperature down to make sure the potatoes did not burn but we ended up with potatoes with a crispy outside but not as flavoursome as I would have liked. Would suggest if you are supposed to mix olive oil and butter together maybe put the thyme leaves in as well infuse the flavour. Thank you *Aria* for a recipe that as great protential for us, made for Heathly Choices ABC.
- 10 potatoes, scrubbed clean
- bay leaf
- fresh thyme sprig
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375°F190°C
- Cut slices into the potatoes without going all the way through.
- Insert a few herbs into each.
- Lay them on a baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper.
- And drizzle with oil.
- Bake until brown, crisp on the outside and soft inside, 45 minutes to an hour.